Monday, December 31, 2012

Happy New Year!!!

This year was a big year for me!  Two major milestones or at least what I consider major :-)…I turned the big 30 and I moved to South Asia.  While the hype that led up to 30 ended up being worse than the actual turning 30, moving to South Asia has lived up to the “hype” in a good way.  Many of you know that God placed this burden on my heart to move overseas around 10 years ago when I went on my first international trip.  Since that time it has been on the horizon, something I’ve been looking toward, simply waiting on the Lord to give me the go ahead and the details.  In December 2010 I knew God was telling me it was time, so I begin an almost two year process to actually getting overseas.  Then finally this year, after what felt like an eternity of planning and preparing I finally made it to South Asia.  I came across a passage last night that really sums up this journey for me thus far.
“If we have died with him, we will also live with him;
If we endure, we will also reign with him; If we deny him, he also will deny us; 
If we are faithless, he remains faithful—for he cannot deny himself." 
                                             -2 Timothy 2:11-13 
The longer I walk this journey I’m reminded over and over again that I am all too often faithless, BUT God remains faithful!  So as I reflect on 2012 I am grateful for the Father’s sustaining grace so far and cannot wait to see what all 2013 has in store.  Come what may in the year ahead, the one thing I know for sure is at the end of this year I will be able to look back yet again and say “he remains faithful.”


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.