Wednesday, June 12, 2013

FAQ

FAQ
Several of you have asked some really good questions about my “big news” to stay longer in South Asia.  I thought it may be helpful to just compile these and share on my blog. 

Why stay in M-town?
This is loaded question and could be its own blog post, but the short version is that God is at work here and I believe He is opening up the door for me to stay and serve on the team here.  Could I go back to the states at the end of this term and do ministry?  Well yeah, but do I feel like the Lord is leading me in that direction? Not at this time.  This city is huge and the task of seeing a healthy reproducing church in every neighborhood of this city of 22 Million is overwhelming at times, but I honestly cannot think of a better place to serve and I’m grateful God has called me to plant my life in this city.  I’m here until He says its time to go…

How long will you stay in South Asia?
At the end of my two year commitment I will return to the states for the appointment process which will likely take about 6 months.  This means August 2014 I will return to the states until after the holidays.  After this I will return to M-town doing 3 year terms at a time for as long as the Lord leads. 

When are you coming to the states again?
I will still be returning to the states next July.  It looks like I will be in Florida for about six month during the completion of the appointment process before returning to M-town in January 2015.

Isn’t living in South Asia hard?
Define hard?  I mean it is definitely different and there are some days when I would much rather get in my own air conditioned car and drive to my own office and do ministry in a setting that I am familiar and comfortable with and live in the same country as my family and friends, but this is not the path the Lord has set before me for this season.   Traveling here is different, eating here is different, talking here is different, going to the store here is different, going to church is different, my relationship with my family and friends looks different...but it is doable and not just as in surviving, but thriving. Thriving because it is obedience to the Father.  For me it is truly just finding a new normal in M-town and I’m grateful that the Lord gives much grace as I seek His face to thrive in M-town.

How can we be a part of this journey?
If you are reading this you already are!  So many of you have been so faithful to lift up me and the work here…I cannot even put into the words how grateful I am for your prayers and having you on this journey with me. In addition to lifting up the work here in M-town perhaps God is leading some of you or your church to partner in coming to M-town.  If you are interested in this email me at livinginhisgrip@yahoo.com for more information.

How can we give?
The best way that you can give to what the Lord is doing in M-town is through the Lottie Moon Offering at Christmas.  My monthly expenses are covered by the sacrificial giving of SBC fellowships through this offering.  I am grateful to faith families who faithfully give so that I can live and serve in South Asia. 

I realize these are just a few questions, feel free to email me any other questions you may have about this process :-)  

in HIS grip,
Julie


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.